Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Giganormic Snakes

Yesterday I was in my house cleaning the kitchen up, when Eli came running inside freaking out and yelling at me..."MOM, MOM!!!! There is a giganormic snake outside, and it is going to KILL me!!! It will bite me and eat me!!!!! It is SOOOOO mean!!!!"

Knowing that there was no snake, but wondering what on earth he was talking about, I followed him out to the swing set. And sure enough, right under the swing, there was a giganormic 1 1/2 inch caterpillar wiggling on the grass.

I explained to him that it was not a snake, but a caterpillar that would one day turn into a butterfly. He was not convinced that this "thing" was really safe. And started telling me how much he hates caterpillars.

So I went back inside, and a few seconds later Eli came screaming in again..."MOM, MOM!!!! That caterpillar will never turn into a butterfly. I mad at it. It will bite me and eat me. I mad at it. I hate it. It is not nice. It mad at me, b/c it thinks I a giant."

Thank you Eli. You really brightened up my day.

No comments: