Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Earrings

Yes. It is true. Kylie won.

Kylie has been wanting to get her ears pierced for about as long as she has been able to talk. She ALWAYS asks me "When can I wear the poky earrings?" I never had a problem with it.

It was all David. He always told me that if we let Kylie get hers done, then we would have to let Kaden if he wanted to. (Are you kidding me!?!?)

But on Tuesday, March 10 we went to Walla Walla for our hair cuts, as always. But this time Kylie noticed that Aunt Misti had a section in her Salon for ear piercing, and that she had a whole bunch of pretty little poky earrings. She asked me what Aunt Misti did with them. So I told her. Then she asked if she could get hers done. I told her to take it up with her dad.

She found a pair she liked and then walked around the salon holding on to them. David noticed. He asked what she had, she showed him, and when he told her to put them back-she BURST into tears. He looked at me surprised and I told him to go talk to her about it. So he went over to where Kylie was crying and hanging them back up. He sat on the floor. She sat on his lap and put her arm around him and then snuggled up, cheek to cheek. And I KNEW he was done for. She had him.

She was AWESOME about it. She didn't even cry! She got close, but she held strong.

In the car on the way to Uncle Mikes, Kylie said to David: "Dad, since you let me do that, when I really wanted to, then I will do what you tell me to do. I was going to tell you that before, but I thought you would laugh."

Well, it lasted for a little while any way!

1 comment:

libbie said...

she is beautiful! that is such a cute story! ava keeps wanting her to play. we need to set up a playdate soon!