Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Wicked Weekend

AWESOME. That is what I have to say about that play. I had never been to a play like that before. And what an experience it was! THANK YOU STACEY for getting this whole thing set up and THANK YOU GREG for getting us such GREAT seats. We were in the 3rd row back and just shy of being in the center.

We drove down Friday night and went to dinner with Mike and Misti. Then we sat in the hot tub for awhile and went to bed early. Saturday we drove to downtown Portland and walked around until the show started.

I had read the book, so I was a little skeptical about the play. I could NOT see how they could take THAT book and turn it into a funny family friendly play. In fact, last summer, when Stacey told me her parents had seen the play "Wicked" and LOVED it-I was in shock. I had thought that if they had ever made that into a movie it would be rated R. But with much assurance that the play is NOT like the book in that sense, I decided it would be fun to see.

It was worth it. I can't wait to see it again!

(Sorry about being gone on your first birthday Johnny!!!)

1 comment:

StaceyOstler said...

Super fun weekend! Loved the play! We'll have to go with just you guys next time so we can hang out more.