Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Weekend

I hope everyone had a good 4th of July!

David's brother Jeff was in Walla Walla for the weekend, so we went there to hang out with David's family.

We got there on Thursday evening and camped out in the yard. (Okay, David camped with Kaden, Kylie, Eli, and Eddie. I slept inside with Johnny.) On Friday we got up and the kids played outside ALL day. David set up the slip-n-slide, and Mike set up his pool. The kids were in heaven! That night David helped his brothers set of some very BIG fireworks (the kind you can only get on the reservations) while Kaden, his cousins, aunts and uncles and a few strays watched. Eddie and Johnny fell asleep. And I hung out with Kylie and Eli inside. (They are scared to death of the fireworks)

On Saturday we spent the morning filling water balloons, and Misti and I went to pick up a snow cone machine that she had rented for the day. After lunch we went out to play some games. JR had set up a fun obstacle course for everyone, and Misti and I had put together some other games to play. Then went on the swimming and slip-n-sliding ( I even went down a couple of times!). That night they set off some more fireworks (they bought too many). But this time they did the more legal kind, as to not attract the law enforcement.

On Sunday Jeff's family packed up and left and David and I and his brother Mike and fam hung out at their parents house a little longer. Misti and I were very pleased to just be able to sit and do nothing. (We had been in the kitchen ALL weekend long making sure everyone was WELL fed. And boy were they!)

I think that the weekend went pretty smooth, and that just about everybody enjoyed themselves. Thank you Misti for all the hard work you put into it!




No comments: