Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ostler Reunion 08: Day 2, Thanksgiving Point/Discovery Gateway

We didn't get much sleep that night due to kids, but oh well. The fun was about to begin!

We started off at Thanksgiving Point. At the Farm. I was worried about Eli, due to the fact that he is terrified of EVERYTHING. But he actually did great. The kids got to look at all the animals and they pet most of them. They even fed a few. They had a blast running around. There were pony rides, and a pretend little town to run in. My kids actually wanted to ride the ponies twice. Eli cried for a second the first time, but then he loved it, and joined his other 3 siblings for the second ride.









After that we headed to lunch with my dad, Dan and Stacey and Kids, Ryan and Ashley and kid, and David and kid. After lunch Ryan and Ashley took Teancum to Temple Square to walk around for a bit. While the rest of us went to Discovery Gateway (the children's museum). The kids had a blast. They didn't want to leave. They ran around in the "Kids' Eye View" a city just their size. And we lost Kaden for a little bit when he saw the medical helicopter outside and went out there for a LONG time. David was a little frustrating b/c he got caught up with all there was to do, and I think he forgot he had kids every now and then. Eli tried to build a little maze on the magnetic wall with pipes for his ball to go thru. He was doing a good job until grandpa came over and took over and Eli got pushed to the back. :) Silly grandpa!

After the children's museum we all went to the park for dinner. Dad brought a bunch of KFC and chips and such. After playing and eating too much, we went back to our hotel. David was going to take the kids swimming, but it was apparent that the younger ones NEEDED bed. So instead, I put the 4 smaller ones to sleep and David took Kaden swimming. After they got back I ran across the street to Dairy Queen and got David and I some ice cream and we ate it in the hall while we waited for Kaden to go to sleep.

2 comments:

Nancie said...

sounds like you guys were busy. Im jealous you left town for a couple days. Even if it was a little crazy.

libbie said...

we have family reunion coming up in Aug. but it is only two hours away, and I am dreading the ride like no one's business! I am sure it will take like 4 hours to get there with crazy Lila on board! But it looks like you guys had fun and made it back safe and sound. Weigh in is Aug 23 at 9:00am. So that gives you a month from today. I am serious this time when I say that I am really trying. I CANNOT lose my 200 bucks! So eat up! Wouldn't want to give you your money back!