Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ostler Reunion 08: Day 4, F.U.N.

F.U.N. Family United in Numbers. That was the theme of our reunion this year. Everybody made T-shirts for their individual families in different colors that had a number on the back. The number corresponded with when you came into the family. My dad, the oldest of his siblings, was #1 and it went all the way down to Johnny who was #73! We all wore them on day 4 (Saturday).

The first thing that we did that morning was head to the Salt Lake Cemetery. My aunt (#2) passed away last summer, so we had a little bit of a memorial for her. I was out of town during her funeral, so it was nice to be able to be at this.

After this we broke for a couple of hours to get some lunch and then we all met at a park to play games and enjoy each others company and have a BBQ for dinner.

It was HOT. And for being a park-there was NO shade. So I spent most of my time under the pavilion with Stacey talking and trying to get our kids to sleep for a little bit. (She had more luck than I did). It was fun to see my kids play with my younger cousins and make friends. Kylie found a great friend in my cousin Saydria. They are only a couple of months apart and are both very girly girls. I had to laugh when Chelsea told me to watch out b/c Saydria can be a little bossy, b/c I had just witnessed Kylie bossing Saydria around and telling her what to do, and Saydria doing just that. I guess you can't be too bossy for Kylie!

After food was done and people were just sitting around and talking, Stacey and I went to get some ice blocks. There was a beautiful hill right next to us that was BEGGING to be played on. We went to Albertsons and Stacey was disappointed that they only had 15 ice blocks there. I thought it would be plenty. I was wrong. We got back and my dad, who has NEVER before done this, grabbed a block and asked what to do and was suddenly gone. Down the hill. We hadn't even opened all the bags yet! That was fun to see. It quickly caught on and we (I, Stacey already knew), realized that 15 wasn't enough. But everyone did a fair job at sharing.

We were one of the last to leave the park (David had to look at my aunts 15 passenger van-he wants a 15 passenger but since I said I would NOT drive a van that big, he says he will settle for a 12-HAHAHAHAHA Good luck with that one!) When we got back to our hotel we saw Ryan and Ashley were waiting in the parking lot for us. (By the way-thanks for saving us that spot right at the front!) and they got out of their car to give David a present. Behind Ashley's back was a 100 ounce container of mountain dew. Yes-100. The thing is MASSIVE. Ryan had found them at a gas station and decided David needed one. (He got one too, but his was filled with water).

So David started guzzling a bunch of Mt. Dew at 9:30 at night. Smart one dear. Needless to say, he was up most of the night.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hey, Linda & family! Just stopping in to say HI. Love all the pictures!!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun at the Reunion. Hope all is well, talk soon! Erin