He met all of his students at the Conoco in Benton City at 7 am Friday morning, which meant we had to get the kids up early. Unfortunately Kylie was up until midnight Thursday night, so she was not very happy with getting up at 6:30. We then drove non-stop to the Mukiltio/Clinton Ferry. Where we dressed kids and took a boat ride across to Whidbey Island. We reached Langley at 11:30 am. And the kids were READY to get out of the car. After a light lunch David got his students ready to go in the water, and I set the kids up on the beach with a bunch of new sand toys. (Making sure that Johnny was in the shade out of the sun.) The temperature for that day was supposed to be 68 and sunny. A perfect day to play on the beach. Kylie was a super crank so she got to lay down in the car and take a nap. Eddie joined her a little later on. I sat in the sand and played with the boys, digging trenches and building sand castles (only to have them smashed by Eddie immediately after finishing them.)
After Eddies nap he had a ton of fun playing in the sand. He thought it was so funny to roll around in it and get buried. And he did just that. Kylie never really got over her crankiness. I had to wake her up from her nap or she wouldn't go to sleep that night. But I think she still had a little bit of fun.
After David got done with his students we loaded up and went to our hotel in Oak Harbor. At the hotel we realized just how much sun there had been. The kids all had patches of sun burn on them where I had missed with the sun screen-oops! Sorry guys! And poor Johnny, his face was as red as a lobster. He was so miserable. I don't know how he got so red. He had been in the shade the entire day! The only white on his face was where his binky had been. So after dinner I had to go to Wal-mart and get some baby Tylenol, and AloeVera lotion. He calmed down a little after that, but he still had a rough night.
The next day we went to Keystone for the second day of diving. Keystone is never as nice as Langley. There is always a lot of wind, and it is usually pretty chilly. And there isn't any sand. Just a lot of rocks and driftwood (which apparently is now illegal to burn! No more fires to keep us warm.) So I bundled kids up in warmer clothes (but still made sure to put sunscreen on their faces, even Johhny. I know, I know, he isn't supposed to wear sunscreen yet, but what was I supposed to do?) and we spent the day coloring, and playing in the rocks. David's assistant, Larry, played with the kids as much as he could, building forts out of driftwood and throwing them around in the air. (Thank you Larry!) As the day wore on, it did get warmer, thankfully.
When all of the checkouts were done, we loaded up and headed home. The kids were exhausted. But unfortunately none of them slept on the way home. Instead they fought and cried. It was fun! ;)
We got home at 8 pm and spent the evening bathing kids and getting them into bed and cleaning out the car. It was a MESS. I ended up taking EVERYthing that could possibly come out-out. And I vacuumed the entire thing. And then I still had to use some soapy warm water to wash all the seats down. Oh, the joys of being a parent.



Sunday was the dive shops annual anniversary sale. So of course we had to be down there ALL day. Luckily there was free pop and hot dogs to feed my kids. We brought our kiddie pool and the kids stayed cool. The dive shop had misters and canopies set up all over to try and keep every one cooled off, but with the temperature getting to 103, it was a little hard to do. Johnny was NOT a happy camper. He had to be held and have a hand held fan on him at all times. I was so hot. I finally just sat right under one of the misters and he fell asleep. Of course I had to stay there or he would wake up.
All in all, it was a fun weekend. It was just really HOT. And we were outside for all of it. The kids' sunburns are looking a lot better. And Johnny's face isn't so bad anymore. Everyone is happy to be AT home today. No where to go. We just get to sit (and play) in a nice air conditioned home.
Thank you to all of you who helped with my kids this weekend. And those of you who held Johnny for me most of the weekend (Carol, Kim and Misti) I really appreciated the help. 






No comments:
Post a Comment