
Today I had a bit of a brain fart. I thought for a moment that it would be a good idea that I take ALL of my kids to the movies--BY MYSELF! Luckily last minute I was smart enough to ask David to let Johnny sleep at his office so I could just take the other 4. We saw Kung Fu Panda. Pretty cute. What I actually got to pay attention to anyway. Kaden LOVES movies, so he lasted through the whole movie. Kylie and Eli lasted for about an hour. And Eddie....MAYBE 30 minutes, (about the same time that he ran out of his popcorn and pop, he ran out of interest in being at the theatre-funny how that works!) So I found myself rummaging through my purse for ANYthing that I could find that would interest a 1 year old and keep him quiet enough so others in the theatre could enjoy the movie.
I tried taking the 4 of them to the movies by myself right before I had Johnny. And I told myself then that I would NEVER do that again. Obviously I am a VERY slow learner. Lets see how long this experience keeps me from taking 4 kids, 5 and under, to the movies.
Regardless of the stress of taking them all to the movie-we all had a lot of fun. The kids enjoyed it and had a GREAT time telling their dad and grandpa about it. I just don't think that I will venture out and take them on my own next time.
Oh, and by the way, Johnny didn't sleep at all for David! He ended up having to hold him the whole time! Sorry David!




2 comments:
Hip HIP HOORAY!! Its about time~ and are you crazy or what! you get the medal for being brave. I don't even dare take my three alone to the movies! call me next time you go to McDonalds though, or we should meet at the park for the kids to play soon. the blog looks great. Keep up the good work!
Love your blog, Linda! & great pictures of the kids! I'm excited to be able to keep up with your family this way (now I can "stalk" you too)! :) -Erin
Post a Comment